Pool Replastering & Resurfacing
There Is A Reason Why We Are The Best. Over 35,000 Families Have Trusted Alan Smith Pool Plastering For Swimming Pool Remodels and Complete Outdoor Renovations…Since 1981
We Always Insist On Doing Every Job Exactly Right.
- No shoddy workmanship. Most of our craftsmen have worked with us for over 10 years.
- No fly by night operations. We have been in business since 1981 and have completed over 35,000 jobs
- Not too big to care. Even though we have over 100 employees, we are still family owned and operated.
- No unlicensed work. We carry active C-53 (Swimming Pool Contractor), C-27 (Landscaping Contractor) and D-51 (Water- and Weatherproofing), state contractors licenses.
- No uninsured workers at your home. We have general liability and workers comp.
- No unsupervised labor. Every crew has a foreman.
- No job too complicated. We have staff experts in plaster, tile, masonry, plumbing, electrical, hardscape, structural work, landscaping and general construction.
- No cheap sub-standard cements, aggregates or pigments used in our pool finishes.
- No sub-contracted or inexperienced plastering crews.(We only have an “A” team)
- No mismanaged jobs. Every job has a dedicated project manager.
- No inflated pricing, all estimates come from a company price list.
- No high pressure sales tactics. Our design consultants are ready to listen to your needs and design the yard of your dreams.
- No guessing on what your pool will look like. Our showroom has 100s of products to see and touch. Visualize your pool & yard with a 3D design.
You will look at your pool and spa at least twice a day
for the next 10-20 years.
Give yourself something worth looking at.
Quality work at a fair price. What a concept!
Yes you have dozens-maybe even hundreds- of options for resurfacing, remodeling or building your pool. And the question we get all the time is “why should we go with Alan Smith Pool Plastering?” To be up front with you, we’re not the cheapest contractor. We’re also not the fastest. If you are looking for fast and cheap, head down to the Home Depot or Lowe’s or call around to some of our competitors. That being said, our work is not exclusively for the rich and famous either.
We are proud to offer our customers high-quality hydroblasting services.
Hydroblasting is a safer, more efficient way to prep your pool surface for replastering. The water jetting method gives you the best bonding platform for the new plaster to adhere to. The high water pressure literally carves out the old plaster surface to the original gunite or will leave such a rough profile on the old plaster that the new surface has the best chance for long term bonding. Water jetting avoids gunite damage and shell trauma and is also dust-free. Old ways to remove you plaster include jackhammering and sandblasting.
Jackhammering is the most commonly used method because it is fast and cheap. The down side is that stripping is strongly discouraged by pool engineers because every time a pool is stripped, it can weaken the pool shell, expose structural steel, and can cause micro fractures and bruising of the pool shell. Also, this is a very dusty process.
Sandblasting is similar in cost to jackhammering and is non-invasive to the pool shell, but has a higher fail rate of bonding for the new plaster.
For those reasons Alan Smith Pools highly recommends hydroblasting to all our clients. Jackhammers can accidentally remove layers of gunite and weakening your pool’s surface while it also can end up exposing rebar and damage gunite.
Here’s what you really need to know
Our pool resurface warranty is 10 YEARS! Once we resurface your pool, it is NOT coming off. We use advanced pool prepping technology that creates a high strength bond. Most of our jobs are from past customers or referrals from friends and family-they like us enough to come back. We do an outstanding job – and we have since 1981. Choose us for your next pool renovation and you will never regret it.